New HKB logoAs of 1 September 2020, HKB – Hochschule der Künste Bern has a new and fresh logo as we have undergone a re-branding process. As a regionally anchored but internationally active art school, HKB relies on an independent and distinctive image. The visual design of the new logo has occupied HKB intensively in the last years. The brand identity and its visual implementation were developed in a participatory process involving both lecturers and students. The new logo shows HKB as an educational institution with a distinctive design through a concise and playful typographical solution.Have a look at this new, short video presenting HKB and its study programs:Introducing HKB in 1 minuteApplication procedure spring 2021We are happy to announce that the application process is open for students wishing to spend the spring semester 2021 in Bern.
Our deadline for incoming students is: 15 November**Please note that we do not accept music students in the spring semester: The spring semester is closed for incoming music students. Music students can only apply for exchange for the fall semester. However, all other students (Arts, Design, Literature, Conservation & Restoration, Theater) can still apply for both the spring semester (deadline 15 November) as well as the fall semester (deadline 15 April).
- The students must apply in our online application portal Moveon and upload their Letter of Motivation and Transcript of Records.
- The portfolio or music recordings need to be sent separetately to firstname.lastname@example.org (if the file is too big to send by e-mail, please use WeTransfer, YouTube, Dropbox etc.).
- The students do not have to fill out a Learning Agreement as a part of the application. Not until after they have received an exchange place at HKB.
- After 15 November, all applications will be assessed by the heads of the degree programmes. The students will be informed about the decision directly by e-mail 6-8 weeks later.
- If a student is accepted as an exchange student at HKB, he/she will automatically receive the Swiss-European Mobility Programme SEMP grant of CHF 1900/2200.- per semester (depending of the origin of the home university).Please find more information about applying for exchange at HKB on our homepage.I would like to take the opportunity to shortly present our departments and study programs:Fine Arts & DesignConservation & RestorationSwiss Literature InstituteTheaterMusic